Saturday, March 27, 2010

Radiation

I've finished 12 sessions of radiation already, so that's about 1/3 of the way. Yea! So far I have not much to report. I still take it easy and tire out quicker than I'd like, but nothing a nap can't cure. And I'm just starting to see the 'sunburn' show up - especially under my arm. I was glad when Friday arrived this week because now I have two days without radiation to hopefully give my skin a break. Aloe, aloe, aloe!

On another note, not related to radiation (imagine that!)... I still continue to lose hair! It's growing on my head, but I've lost a significant portion of my eyebrows now. One got left behind in Florida so if any of you spring-breakers down there find it, I'd love to have it back! (Eeeu!) So now I can draw on my expressions: happy brows, angry brows, etc. It sounds a bit like a Mr. Potato Head! I'm told to expect hair to start growing back 6 weeks after chemo and this past Wednesday was it, so bring it on!! This past Thursday marked 5 months of no hair - we shaved it on October 25. That's a lot of hat-wearing!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda -- your post reminds me of the Mr. Potato Head superbowl commercial where the lady loses her expressions and puts on her angry eyes for the husband/driver. Do you remember it? :)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete