Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quick Update for Treatment 5

Well, we're into the second phase of chemo! Yea?

I no longer have to deal with nausea and bowel issues (TMI?), but this new round will have new side-effects. These include: red/burning palms and feet bottoms (Ouch!), teary eyes (what's new these days?!), really ugly nails, and bad aches (the phrase used was, "When you feel like a small car has run you over..." Nice).

In administering the new drugs, they had to go really slow to check if my body had any adverse reactions to them. I didn't. Yea! A drug I can tolerate! Yea? But... we - meaning Josh and I - had the appointment at 9:45 and somehow didn't drive away until 3:24. Felt like we entered a time warp! Thankfully, my Mom and Dad stayed with the kids all day as they had a snow day - again! They took off, I took a nap and woke when Josh had dinner on the table. What a man! Sat on the couch until 7:45, played a card game with the kids and then this. What a productive day!!
"And so it goes, and so it goes..." (Neal Diamond or is that Simon & Garfunkel [who actually comes up in the spell check]?) I'm also wondering if some steroid has kicked in b/c I've been unusually chatty the last few hours. Maybe I shouldn't have napped. Ughhh! It's such a mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment