Monday, September 21, 2009

"Art" Day

Had the 'drawing' appointment with Dr. Cullen this morning to get the lines he needs for surgery. I was feeling quite emotional beforehand and hoping I wouldn't lose it during the appointment. As it turned out, it was quite comical! I'll spare you the details of the drawings, but I had a good laugh about it. God has turned an ugly event into joy - how He does these things, I'll never understand. But it does remind me that he knows what we can handle. He knows I needed to have some humor about it; he knows that without laughter today, it would make the wait until Wednesday even harder. Praise God for surgical art!

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear you were blessed today with laughter, it is the best medicine! As you said, God gave you that moment today at a difficult appointment!

    Lord thank-you for giving Amanda laughter! Give her peace today...and tomorrow, and Wednesday. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers. God has a way of lifting our spirits and bringing the focus right to His face. Praying that God's peace and protection will wrap around you and He will bring you joy and laughter throughout these next days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you tonight and tomorrow during surgery. Sorry this is so "late", but I just read that you need help with Levi. I am off on Mondays and would love to have him. If you haven't set that up yet, let me know. I could even meet Josh at school and he could hand Levi over to me then. Let me know.....
    --Mary Jo Brill

    ReplyDelete