Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A few details:

We are humbled by the people who have expressed a desire to help in some way! I met with some wonderful women last night and man, can they think of everything! My thanks goes out to Char (and Jim!) Sweat, Diane Siegfried, and Jeanne Maher. If you have any questions about schtuff having to do with our family, they'll know the answer.

River Rock is using a wonderful site called "Take Them a Meal" (careful: link opens in same window unless you do what you do so it doesn't) to assist with the meal prep during this time. Char Sweat is heading that up; you can contact her with questions. Password is our house number.

If you desire to help in any other way, please contact Diane Siegfried. As of this moment, I have a childcare 'gap' on Monday mornings (8-noon) to help with Levi and pick up Esther from kindergarten.

Jeanne Maher can also help with any questions or thoughts.

I'd tell wonderful details about upcoming appointments and expectations for recovery, etc., except we know nothing more than 'major surgery next Wednesday.' Simple answer is: we'll know more about the particular 'behavior' and extent of the cancer when we get the full pathology report two weeks from surgery.

Thank you everyone for the continued prayers and expressions of concern. I immensely appreciate your emails and the notes - I cherish each one. I would love to respond to each and every one but I'm realizing I cannot do that - but thank you and know that I truly appreciate the notes that you send!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, I don't know if Josh told you that Abby and Jake are on the same soccer team so if you need any help getting her to and from the practices and games we'd be happy to help! Just let me know! Praying for all of you!! Chris Mulder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, during my devotions this morning, I thought of you during as I read this:

    "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer."

    I continue to pray for you that you will come through this stronger than before. By the time I return, you will be recovering from your surgery. I will be praying the whole time! I hope to see you recovering at home very soon.

    Bill R.

    ReplyDelete