Friday, September 18, 2009

Immediate needs update:

There's still a need from someone to help with Levi on Monday mornings beginning October 5. Josh will bring the other 3 kids to school at 7:45. Levi will need care from about that time (though I sure we could be flexible) until Diane Siegfried watches him starting at noon. He's very transportable, meaning he could hang out at someone's house or be cared for at home.

Also, Sunday mornings are tricky. I'm hoping someone could come to our house around 8:00/8:15 to help get Esther and Levi ready to go to the first service for Sunday school. Josh doesn't get home until 1:00, so I'll need help with the two of them until then - either hanging out at church, back at home, or with somebody somewhere.

Even if you could help out once or twice with either of these, I'd be eternally grateful!

On a less needy note:
We just got back from a fabulous day at Greg & Kathy's cottage on the Big Lake. I haven't had such a wonderful time with my family in sooooo long. Several times I was able to watch my kids and simply adore them. (A few moments I could'a left them all in the lake, but those paled in comparison!) It was so lovely - we went swimming, beach combing, made sand castles, played at the park, walked the boardwalk, ate ice cream and 5" french fries, and Josh's ankles got seriously fried! Levi learned about speed boats - they are not the same as hairplays (airplanes) though they sound similar. Esther picked up every single feather and piece of garbage, I mean treasure, on the beach. Abby surfed and dug a huge hole. Noah did football up-downs in the waves - and hit Abby over the head with the surfboard, all in good fun. It was a great day!

Funny how simply coming back home brings it all back. I've noticed how hard it is to physically speak the word 'cancer' or 'tumor.' It's kind of like speaking of anatomy in strange company - like you're not sure if you've crossed the line, so you say it with hesitation or reservation. I also realized that I think I've actually had the thought, though never verbalized it, that I would never have cancer. I'd be one of those strange statistics that seemed to 'dodge the bullet.' Seems like everyone is doomed to get some kind of cancer, but I'd be the exception, at least for a long time. This isn't the reality I expected - not yet anyway. Oh well. A few more days without cancer and doctors in my face - Monday starts up the appointments again. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda and Josh,
    It's Monday, so the appointments start up again. Praying for you that as you go into this week you will feel such an overwhelming sense of calm, a real awareness that Jesus is "carrying you in His arms". This is undoubtedly the scarriest thing you have ever had to face~ Sounds like you have lots of wonderful people surrounding you and filling in the "gap" when you cannot be there~what a blessing!! I think of you often, and will be lifting you up.up.up on Wednesday. You are in HIS grip, what a great place to be! Jan

    ReplyDelete